Monday, December 17, 2007

THE KOLFE ORPHANAGE, FORGOTTEN BOYS



James 1:5-6
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

James 1:8
If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing right.

James 1:14-17
What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has not deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good it it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

James 1:22
"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves, Do what it says."

James 1:27
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after the orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

SO WHAT NOW? Would you please pray and ask God how he would have you help the FORGOTTEN BOYS at Kolfe Orphanage? Please leave a comment or email us and we would be happy to give you information on how to proceed. You will be blessed beyond your wildest dreams should you choose to step out in faith and follow God's heart!!! Thank you for taking the time out of your very busy lives to read along as we follow after God. Blessings to you all!!

8 comments:

Beau Fournet said...

As we continue to learn, process, pray...I go back to the verse in Prov 24 Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.” For God understands all hearts, and he sees you. I am so encouraged by your journal here, and am praying and allowing the Lord to prepare my heart for His work through us. Thanks for sharing! Natalie

Anonymous said...

Awesome, I am considering adopting from Ethiopia. (I am a single mom of three, my daughter joined our family from China summer of 2006)

Thank you for your website..touching.

Anonymous said...

What a great reality-check for us all here at Christmas time! Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

That is a very good question. What will I do??? May the Lord be able to use me!

T.

Angie said...

Eileen, your journey is both amazing and inspiring. As I read through your stories, I muttered the words, "God, you brought me here for a reason...show me why." Then, as I finished my thought, I read your "WHAT WILL YOU DO". God is amazing...and is ALWAYS listening!!!
So would you pray for me...and for God to direct me and show me how he will use me for these beautiful children.

God bless you and your family!

Love,
Angie

Nate Hagerty said...

Just found your blog through YouTube(we have a constant search for new Ethiopian adoption videos:). Encouraging to see how God spoke so clearly to you...we're facing some hurdles in our adoption, and would love your prayers.

Nate and Sara Hagerty
everybitterthingissweet.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

We have just received our referral for our new daughter. We expect to be heading over in mid-Feb. Do you have ideas of things that we can do to help these boys. I would like to do a type of "drive" and bring over the things that they need. Please contact me cushinus@aol.com

Unknown said...

Hey - Found your blog through the Wolfe family. I love the video. We are adopting a baby from Ethiopia. I am a fellow RLC blogger. Would love to hear what you guys are doing and how to be involved.

Aimee